Reporting to the Head Of Human Resources & General Affairs. The In-house Sommelier / Trainer must have a vast knowledge of wine, beer, spirits and other beverages to support the Operations Team to provide in-house coaching, training and advises to both customers & employees to deliver first class customer experience.
- He/she will partner the Training and Operations team to actively coach front-line staff to promote wines / spirits sales as well as train them to have basic wine knowledge in promoting wines / spirits sales.
- Responsible for in-store coaching of the front line staff - create, develop and implement training guidelines for employees
- Develop and motivate Operations team members through capability development :
- Coordinating and conducting tasting days or “wine / spirits of the month” events for internal staff
- Analyse service quality and customer satisfaction for improvements via CAG QSM results and mystery shopping findings
- Track and research beverage trends in the industry and develop strategies utilizing market and consumer trend information
- Identify and establish internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Ensure compliance with customs, food and beverage hygiene policies, procedures, health and safety regulations when delivering in-house trainings or tasting workshop.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned by the Management
- WSET 3 Certification or related Certification as a sommelier or a degree in relevant
discipline is required.
- ACTA or similar certification will be advantage
- Good knowledge of new and old world wine producing countries including but not limited to different varieties and selections of wines, viticulture, vinification and wine packaging.
- Must have a vast knowledge of beer, spirits and other beverages besides wines
- Ability to coach front-liners to advise customers on wines based on their personal tastes preferences
- Previous experience as a trainer, sommelier or similar role
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Availability to work during stores opening hours, including weekends and holiday
- We offer attractive salary packages that commensurate with relevant work experience
- Annual Leave from 14 days to 18 days
- Medical Outpatient insurance coverage
- Group Hospitalization and Surgery insurance coverage
- Group Dental insurance coverage
- Performance bonuses (T&C applicable)